The perfect recipe
February 26, 2010
Some say I know all about computers... Some say I love my hardware more than my girlfriend... All i know is that my desk is always filled with laptops with different OSes, wires, bare PCB's, components and an arduino. That sounds like the perfect recipe for a robot!
The plan is to make a robot that can pull heavy things. I know that doesn't sound very intelligent. But here is the thing, I want my robot to do it's thing on all surfaces. So it has to have a lot of grip. Grip comes from tires, weight distribution and smart power management. And that will be the intelligent feature.
So how will it look?
A bit like this:
But with with a lot of wires at the back..
What will it do?
- Try to pull a heavy object for a given time or distance
- RC with driving aid (Hybrid)
- Maby a long range trailer (extra battery's)
- Maby some other ideas I get from you...
And how will it do that?
- With encoders at the back wheels
- An arduino
- A 20A RC speed controller
- Ordinary traction control
- Some things i havent figured out yet such as, line following sensors, an internal amp meter to measure power, distance measuring sensors and tilt sensors
- With help, A self learning traction system.
- Maybe some other techniques I get from you...
I will make pictures of the rc tractor taken apart tomorrow, so i can make a proper project page
PS: I do love my girlfriend more than my hardware, just to be clear ;-)