Help and get help
How to be a happy LMR-member:
- Do not post as a robot if you have not built anything. An idea alone is not enough to start a project page. Make sure you have at least a picture of your work in progress. If you do not have anything but an idea, please post a blog entry about it for a start.
- Do not ask for help in the shoutbox. The box is just for fun. And if you do ask for help in the shoutbox, it will not be indexed for others to find, so don't. Do ask in the forum instead, or anywhere relevant.
- Write the best English you can. Avoid "txt spk" or "1ee7 5p3ak". This site is a knowledge-base for everyone. Stuff written in h4ck3r will not be found by others, so it is just waste of space.
- Take good pictures. Make sure there is plenty of light (sunlight is best) on your robot when taking photos or video. And try to take pictures from a frog's perspective when possible. If your robot is the size of a frog. in other wordfs: Not top down and poorly lit.
- Put the logobot in all your videos. Or just a title that reads "letsmakerobots.com". Or put the url to your profile in an annotation.
Stuff posted on LMR is distributed all over the net, in all sorts of languages. Make sure people know where it came from, so they can comment and we all can learn.
- Do not SHOUT IN YOUR POSTS, please write in normal capitalization.
- Never write subject lines that starts with the word "Help".
- Read more about LMR.
You are a very talented person!