The non-compass compass guided robot
November 22, 2009
Is it possible to make a compass from something that was designed for something else and to do it inexpensively? We shall see!
To make a robot navigate according to various headings.
You can't use a compass chip to do it.
The rules are simple:
- You cannot use compass chip
- You have to post your parts list
- You have post your code on how to use the 'compass'
- You have to prove by video that your robot works
- All decisions are final and nondisputable
How the winner is determined:
The winner(s) will be determined by points and votes from participants in the following manner:
Each participant gets (3)votes and can only use (1) of their votes for themselves.
I will be assigning points to each finished project and they will be on a 10 point scale and the categories that will be:
- Smallest Margin of Error
- Ease of Use
- Cost to make
- the quality of the bot page
- Availability of Part
- How long it takes the bot to traverse from the Start Point to the Finish Point