I introduce you to the RocketBot Family of Robots.
Brought to you by Rocket Brand Studios, the RocketBot robots are perfect for the beginner and advanced robotic hobbyist alike. Solid construction, quality design and a plethora of available accessories makes the RocketBot robots a perfect choice.
Every kit comes complete with everything needed to get going --The only extra things needed are a sync cable or programming board, 4 aaa rechargeable batteries and your imagination. One can easily solder and assemble one of these guys in an afternoon with simple hand tools.
The RocketBot Family of robots include all popular flavors --Arduino, Picaxe and Propeller!
Picaxe and Arduino kits include:
- Step-by-step assembly instructions via Instructables
- Tutorials to get you from a blinking LED to autonomous drive
- Printable "Cheat Sheet" to help you keep track of pins, variables and other important info
- PCB Chassis
- All hardware, components, pins and doo-dads
- (2) GM9 motors, steel brackets and wheels
- Wicked-Awesome twin tailwheels
- Battery Holder
- Sharp distance sensor (with pigtail terminated in 3-pin servo-style connector)
- Laser-cut acrylic sensor bracket
- Micro Servo
- Breadboard Space
- Goodie bag of a couple/few LED's and the like to get you started
- Mounting provisions and wiring for optional line follow sensor
- Room for optional 3.3v regulator kit
- Connections for optional pan and tilt kit
- The Picaxe version also includes touch button contacts on-board
In conclusion, the RocketBot robots are just gosh-darn-good platforms. Period.
*note the line follow video shows the optional line follow sensor board.