Let's Make Robots!

Not receiving the correct data. Using VirtualWire

I would like to use a code for sending the temperatur and humidity. One day before, I started with sending just a short message like: LMR is cool. TX= Transmitter RX=Reciever

It only worked when I used:

Arduino IDE 020 and VirtualWire 1.10 for RX

and Arduino IDE 020 and VirtualWire 1.10 for TX.

 

When I use Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and VirtualWire 1.4 for RX 

and Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and VirtualWire (VW) 1.4 for TX it didn't. 

 

When I use Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and VirtualWire 1.10 for RX 

and Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and VirtualWire (VW) 1.10 for TX it didn't.

 

When I use Arduino IDE 020 and VirtualWire 1.4 for RX 

and Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and VirtualWire (VW) 1.10 for TX it works

 

Where's the problem? Compatibilty? Any idea how to fix that?

Later I decided to set up a wireless tempertur sending modul. (Thanks to Gareth). I use Sensor DHT11 and Arduino Nano (TX) and Arduino Mega (Rx). And on the Serial Monitor (9600) I got ÿ24.0ßC þ31.0%. Thats not what I need, have a look at the code.

I added the code for TX and RX. 

 

So there are two problems. Compatibilty and this one.
Greeets

 

 

 

 

 

AttachmentSize
Transmitter.pde2.56 KB
Reciever.pde1.15 KB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

You aren't making clear what the problem is.  You should be more specific.  I will assume the problem is you don't want the Greek characters.

In the code, you send a character 255 with the comment "send control character" and then later send a character 223 and then a 254.  I don't know what your intent is with those, but they are most likely sending the Greek characters.  If you remove those lines that send those three bytes, it should remove the Greek characters.  Whatever you were TRYING to do with those bytes probably needs to be done another way.